This month, the quiz is all about the safeguarding of our service users.
The quiz answers will appear in February’s carer newsletter and will also be published on the website.
We would encourage all staff to complete the quiz and return your answers to us by the 14th February either by hand or email. The entries with the correct answers will be entered in a prize draw. The winner will be randomly selected.
1. Can you describe in your own words the term vulnerable adult?
2. Can you identify 4 signs that would suggest to you abuse could be taking place
3. Who are the most likely to abuse?
c) No difference
4. People are more likely to suffer financial abuse if they:
a) Live with family
b) Live with partner/spouse
c) Live on their own
5. Which of the following are types of abuse?
e) All of the above
6. Can you identify another type of abuse not mentioned in question 5?
7. Adult abuse can be a criminal offence?
C) Not sure
8. For something to be abuse it has to be deliberate?
c) Not sure
9. Circle True of false on the following statements
A carer maybe accused of abuse if they knowingly combine calls (am and lunch together) to a vulnerable client. True False
A carer maybe accused of abuse if they knowingly miss clients calls they have agreed to undertake to a vulnerable client True False
A carer maybe accused of abuse if they fail to provide adequate food and drink as part of a routine call to a vulnerable person True False
A carer maybe accused of abuse if they fail to inform their manager of changes in a vulnerable client’s condition. True False
If you have struggled to complete this quiz YOU need safe guarding training now.
Please contact the office urgently.